Connect with us

News

59 CHINESE APPS, INCLUDING TIK TOK AND SHARE IT, BANNED IN INDIA

Ramnika Chadha

Published

on

Amidst the tension on the Line of Actual Control (LAC); India, on Monday, announced a ban on 59 Chinese applications which includes TikTok, Share It, and WeChat. The ban was announced after The Ministry of Information and Technology quoted:

“We have received many complaints from various sources including several reports about the misuse of some mobile apps… for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users’ data in an unauthorized manner to servers which have locations outside India”

The ban has been enforced under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000. Apps like TikTok, Likee, and Helo are very popular among the Indian youth and are the only source of their income. Many of the apps that have been banned have their offices in different Indian states and have Indian employees. The ban would result in loss of employment and the resulting poverty could be another reason to worry about.

We created a video on our YouTube channel ‘Tech Sanitize‘. Watch the video to know the complete set of 59 applications and their alternatives. Subscribe to our channel for more videos!

Tech sanitize | making: sahil sachdeva

Since the official announcement was made, citizens are applauding and supporting the government’s decision. This ban may or may not be permanent. The ban, as of now, is a warning to China on the business grounds.

A post-graduate in HR from the renowned Institute of Management Technology, she holds a 4 year experience in the same field. Being a passionate blogger/content writer too, she holds an expertise in writing on various subject matters.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Sr. Bachchan and Jr. Bachchan Tested Positive For Corona

Ramnika Chadha

Published

on

The Angry Young Man of Bollywood, Sir Amitabh Bachchan, was tested positive for COVID-19 along with his son Abhishek Bachchan. Father-son Bachchan duo has been admitted to Nanavati hospital in Mumbai. He is currently in an isolation ward.

After the news circulated on social media, people across the country started praying for his better health. BigB confirmed the same on Twitter. The 77-year-old actor disclosed that his family and staff members as keeping well and had been tested. Their results were earlier awaited. Though, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan along with little Aaradhya Bachchan have been tested negative.

In his tweet, BigB requested all who had come in the actor’s proximity in the last 10 days, should get themselves tested. His Tweet says:

“I have tested CoviD positive .. shifted to Hospital .. hospital informing authorities .. family and staff have undergone tests, results awaited .. All that have been in close proximity to me in the last 10 days are requested to please get themselves tested!” read the tweet from the actor’s official handle.

Jr. Bachchan, i.e. Abhishek Bachchan also took Twitter to confirm the news. He wrote:

Earlier today both my father and I tested positive for COVID-19. Both of us having mild symptoms have been admitted to the hospital. We have informed all the required authorities and our family and staff are all being tested. I request all to stay calm and not panic. Thank You.

Let’s wish for the Bachchan’s good health and speedy recovery.

Continue Reading

News

Total Number of Corona Cases In Manipur Reaches 500

Ramnika Chadha

Published

on

Manipur has reached a total number of 500 Coronavirus cases. The state had 10 new cases reported on Tuesday. Active Cases has now reached 341 in number. Health Department of Manipur stated that the 10 new cases were returnee. The patients have been shifted to COVID care facilities. The Ministry said:

All necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place

159 people have recovered from Corona virus which means Manipur has 31.8% recovery rate.

Manipur Health Minister revealed that the Corona care facility center, recently inaugurated in Imphal West district, has now been upgraded to 253 beds from 100 beds. They are planning to increase the facility to a total of 300 beds.

Continue Reading

News

Delhi’s Health Minister Satyendra Jain Tested Negative for Corona

Ramnika Chadha

Published

on

Satyendra Jain had earlier tweeted:

Due to high-grade fever and a sudden drop in my oxygen levels last night I have been admitted to RGSSH. Will keep everyone updated

Satyendra Jain was taken to the hospital on Monday night as he complained of high fever and body pain. He was then tested for COVID-19 but his reports were negative. He was admitted to the Rajiv Gandhi Super Specialty Hospital (RGSSH). His condition is stable at the moment but he still has a fever. 

Sources say that he was ill for the last two-three days and was taken hospital due to increasing discomfort. His samples were taken for COVID-19 tests whose report has come negative.

At present, his condition is stable and further treatment will start soon. Jain is currently on oxygen bed as he needs it in between.

Continue Reading

Trending