Connect with us

News

62 Criminal Cases against BJP Leaders Withdrawn in Karnataka

Ananya Sharma

Published

on

In a quite bizarre turn of events, the state of Karnataka has recently withdrawn criminal cases against many BJP Leaders. This means that these ministers are likely to escape trial due to this move irrespective of the law enforcement agencies advising that this move will be counter-productive.  The recommendation of the sub-committee headed by the Home Minster of the state Basavaraj Bommai led to these withdrawn cases. Another interesting facet of this whole scenario is the fact that the Director General of Police, the Inspector General of Police, the Director of Prosecution and the Government Litigation and Law Department has strongly advised against the same. Here are some of the prominent people cases against who have been withdrawn. First, the Law Minister J.C. Madhuswamy and Tourism Minister C.T. Ravi for unlawful assembly and wrongful restraint in 2015 during the altercation between students of two communities in Hunsur. Second, the   MLA Anand Singh for criminal intimidation and assault on a public official along with damage to public property. Third, the Agricultural Minister, B.C. Patil for assaulting and abusing police personnel and damaging police vehicles in 2012. Fourth, Mysuru M.P. Pratap Singh for causing hurt to police personeel voluntarily in 2017 during Hanuman Jayanthi procession. These are just some examples of the cases which are being withdrawn. The Law Minister in a statement to News18 stated that this was a routine procedure and the same has been done to secure ‘public interest’.  The second reason stated was that of reducing the burden on the courts and as many of these cases involve small punishments. This comes in at a time where the Karnataka High Court stayed the proceedings against the Chief Minister of Karnataka, Mr. B.S. Yediyurappa in a distric court at Gokak for allegations of violation of the Election Code of Conduct.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Assam BJP Leader Protests, Says No Beef For Tigers At Guwahati Zoo

Say India

Published

on

Hardline Assam BJP leader Satya Ranjan Borah has a problem with serving beef – not just to people, but also to carnivorous animals in zoos, specifically tigers.

On Monday a small group of protesters led by Mr Borah – claiming to be anti-beef activists – attempted to block the main gate at Guwahati Zoo as vehicles carrying beef for tigers were trying to pass. Zoo authorities managed to disperse them with help from the police, official sources said.

The protesters shouted slogans demanding a carpet ban on cow slaughter.

“In Hindu society we give importance to protection of cow, but it is the staple food for carnivores in the zoo and part of government supply. Our objection is – why serve beef? Why not other meat?” Mr Borah asked reporters.

Read full news at NDTV

Continue Reading

News

Parle & Bajaj Refuse to Advertise on News Channels Carrying ‘Toxic Content’, Social Media Likes That

Avatar

Published

on

By

After fake TRP manipulation racket by several news broadcasters, Parle Products and Bajaj have decided not to advertise on news channels that are broadcasting ‘toxic and aggressive content’

“We are exploring possibilities wherein other advertisers can come together and sort of put a restraint on their advertising spends on news channels, so that there is some sort of a clear signal to all the news channels, that they better change their content,” Krishnarao Buddha was quoted as saying.

Industrialist Rajiv Bajaj, who is managing director of Bajaj Auto, also declared that his company has blacklisted 3 news channels for endorsing toxic content.

Last week, the Mumbai Police claimed to have busted a major TRP manipulation scheme by at least three TV channels, including Republic TV. Mumbai Police alleged that households were paid to keep channels switched on the entire day and boost the TRPs for certain channels.

Continue Reading

News

Robbers in UP sanitised hands before looting jewellery

Avatar

Published

on

By

Three men, wearing face masks, robbed a jewellery shop of valuables and cash worth around ₹36.5 lakh at gunpoint in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh. A video of the incident shows the men sanitising their hands with the sanitiser offered by a shop worker when they entered the shop. Police said they have formed a team to catch the accused.

Journalist Alok Pandey shared the video on Twitter and wrote, ”In Aligarh, three men rob a jewellery shop following full ‘covid protocol’ – walk in wearing masks , get hands sanitised and then whip out a gun and rob the establishment!”

Continue Reading

Trending