Connect with us

News

Robbers in UP sanitised hands before looting jewellery

Avatar

Published

on

Three men, wearing face masks, robbed a jewellery shop of valuables and cash worth around ₹36.5 lakh at gunpoint in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh. A video of the incident shows the men sanitising their hands with the sanitiser offered by a shop worker when they entered the shop. Police said they have formed a team to catch the accused.

Journalist Alok Pandey shared the video on Twitter and wrote, ”In Aligarh, three men rob a jewellery shop following full ‘covid protocol’ – walk in wearing masks , get hands sanitised and then whip out a gun and rob the establishment!”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Assam BJP Leader Protests, Says No Beef For Tigers At Guwahati Zoo

Say India

Published

on

Hardline Assam BJP leader Satya Ranjan Borah has a problem with serving beef – not just to people, but also to carnivorous animals in zoos, specifically tigers.

On Monday a small group of protesters led by Mr Borah – claiming to be anti-beef activists – attempted to block the main gate at Guwahati Zoo as vehicles carrying beef for tigers were trying to pass. Zoo authorities managed to disperse them with help from the police, official sources said.

The protesters shouted slogans demanding a carpet ban on cow slaughter.

“In Hindu society we give importance to protection of cow, but it is the staple food for carnivores in the zoo and part of government supply. Our objection is – why serve beef? Why not other meat?” Mr Borah asked reporters.

Read full news at NDTV

Continue Reading

News

Parle & Bajaj Refuse to Advertise on News Channels Carrying ‘Toxic Content’, Social Media Likes That

Avatar

Published

on

By

After fake TRP manipulation racket by several news broadcasters, Parle Products and Bajaj have decided not to advertise on news channels that are broadcasting ‘toxic and aggressive content’

“We are exploring possibilities wherein other advertisers can come together and sort of put a restraint on their advertising spends on news channels, so that there is some sort of a clear signal to all the news channels, that they better change their content,” Krishnarao Buddha was quoted as saying.

Industrialist Rajiv Bajaj, who is managing director of Bajaj Auto, also declared that his company has blacklisted 3 news channels for endorsing toxic content.

Last week, the Mumbai Police claimed to have busted a major TRP manipulation scheme by at least three TV channels, including Republic TV. Mumbai Police alleged that households were paid to keep channels switched on the entire day and boost the TRPs for certain channels.

Continue Reading

News

PUBG Corp. Responds to India’s PUBG Mobile Ban

Ananya Sharma

Published

on

In a recent turn of events, the Indian Government following up on the ban of various Chinese applications released a new list of 117 applications last week that were to be henceforth banned. In that list featured the much loved application PUBG which is a crowd favourite in India. While the netizens were deeply perturbed by this news, the PUBG Corp. has responded to this ban and stated that Tencent Games will no longer have publishing rights for the game in India. The statement released stated in unequivocal terms that in light of the recent ban in India, the PUBG Mobile Franchise i.e. Tencent Games will no longer function in India. In the statement the corporation also noted that they wished to provide the PUBG experience for Indian users and will continue to look for ways to do the same in a localised and healthy way for its fans. The reason for the ban was Tencent Games, as the same is a Chinese company and thus fell under the list of banned apps due to India’s cyberspace security concerns. In light of these events, PUBG mobile now will solely be looked after by PUBG Corp. which is in actuality a South Korean Company. It is interesting to note that even after the Corp. decided to undertake all administration from its headquarters in South Korea, the app remains to be on the banned list of applications. The corporation also noted that they will make sure that they share updates as soon as they can. Also the ban doesn’t mean that it cannot be played by people who had it already installed in their phone, just that new updates like PUBG Mobile 1.0 shall no longer be available for India users. It remains to see what will be the further course of action. Till then we hope PUBG fans find respite in some other game.

Continue Reading

Trending